Happy New Year everyone! Hope you enjoyed your holidays as much as we did. We’re back from the holidays and ready with your first round of links for the new year.
- 10 Green Living New Year’s Resolutions
- It’s that time of year again, when we vow to eat one less muffin a day, or hit the gym more often. This year, try adding a resolution that’s good for the environment and yourself. Here are 10 suggestions for you.
- Four Ways to Tackle Our Packaging Guilt
- It’s predicted that by 2050, there’ll be more plastic than fish in the oceans. The main response to this by big business has been to encourage recycling. “In the UK, almost every local authority recycles plastic bottles and around three-quarters will collect pots, tubs and trays. But 80% of plastic film – the material used for carrier bags and the like – still ends up in landfill. And while 20m plastic bottles were recycled every day in the UK in 2015, more than 15m a day were not.” Read more about one company’s solution to this problem and about 3 other problems and the innovative solutions some companies have come up with to solve them.
- Modern Life is Rubbish: We Don’t Need All This Packaging
- If you’re old enough to remember a time when milk was sold in glass bottles and most people made their own french fries, you’ll connect with this author. And even if you aren’t, you’ll probably agree that today’s society has made the convenience of disposables a priority over the environment and that this needs to change.
- Dissolvable Bioplastic Bags From Bali Are Safe Enough to Drink
- New eco-bags from the company Avani dissolve instantly in hot water, breaking down into carbon dioxide and water without any toxic residue. How cool is that?
- World Heat Shatters Records in 2016 in New Sign of Global Warming
- There are some notable naysayers when it comes to global warming, but the European Union’s Copernicus Climate Change Service has said that 2016 was the hottest on record by a wide margin, with temperatures creeping close to a ceiling set by 200 nations for limiting global warming.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for regular updates.
Weekly Link Roundup - January 9, 2017
City Waste Services
City Waste Services