Happy Cyber Monday everyone. Hope you and your wallets survived Black Friday! We’ll jump right into this week’s links so you can jump right back into your online shopping.
- The Story of Stuff
- “We have a problem with Stuff. We use too much, too much of it is toxic and we don’t share it very well. But that’s not the way things have to be. Together, we can build a society based on better not more, sharing not selfishness, community not division.” Watch the original 20 minute online movie. Great video to watch with your kids.
- 7 Sneaky Storage Ideas to Hide Your Clutter in Plain Sight
- “Sometimes the difference between ‘clutter’ and ‘collection’ is all in the presentation.” A collector turns what would probably be a box full of clutter causing cameras into an artful display; one of many ways to make clutter appear organized.
- Blue Dot
- “Across the country, Canadians believe in our right to a healthy environment – clean air and water, safe food, a stable climate and a say in decisions that affect our health and well-being.” Sign the pledge to help Canada make the right to a healthy environment official on a national level.
- Fungi Mutarium
- Like mushrooms? Did you know there are species that can eat plastic? “After several months, the plastic will be completely decomposed and you’re left with nothing but an agar cup filled with edible fluffy white mycelium.”
- Zero Waste by 2020
- San Francisco is well on its way to its ambitious goal of zero waste by 2020. At a landfill diversion rate of 80%, they’re already an inspiration. Read more about it in this article.
Remember to recycle all the cardboard packaging you get from any of the shiny new purchases you made over the past few days, or any you may make before the end of the great deals today.